The Culinary Trip around the World stops in Dominica.
The Caribbean country is a perfect destination for outdoor lovers: hiking in the rainforest, diving under waterfalls or swimming in the sea.
It gets hot! But Dominican like it hot, they also have a well known tea culture.
So while researching food and drinks of this country I stumbled upon a refreshing iced tea. A combination of spicy ginger and fresh lemons, combined with lime and mint.
Of course I had to find a cooled version for the upcoming hot summer days. Well, actually Berlin is quite hot right now, so I’m already slurping the ginger tea.
Read more about Dominica
2 – 3 stalks mint
5 tbsp sugar
1,5 l water
3 small slices ginger (peeled)
Squeeze lemons and limes.
Bring water to boil and add ginger slices. Let sit for about 15 minutes. Remove slices and add sugar, mix well.
Try and, if preferred, add more sweetener.
Now add lemon and lime juices, as well ad the stalks of mint and mix. Let cool.
Serve with ice and enjoy!
What is your favourite drink to beat the heat? Leave me your recipe in the comment section.
- 2 - 3 stalks mint
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 1,5 l water
- 4 lemons
- 2 limes
- 3 small slices ginger (peeled)
- Squeeze lemons and limes.
- Bring water to boil and add ginger slices. Let sit and for about 15 minutes. Remove slices and add sugar, mix well.
- Try and, if you prefer, add more sweetener.
- Now add lemon and lime juices, as well ad the stalks of mint and mix. Let cool.
- Serve with ice and enjoy!